- General Details
Cub is a personal photoionisation detection (PID) gas monitor for the fast, accurate detection of volatile organic and total aromatic compounds, keeping you safe within your working environment. With market leading parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity, Cub sets the standard in personal gas monitoring giving an early warning of exposure to hazardous gases, including benzene.
Comfortable and unobtrusive to wear, Cub is the smallest, lightest, personal PID gas monitor available. Cub has a dynamic range of 1 ppb to 5000 ppm, the widest on the market measuring 480 selectable compounds.
The Cub personal PID gas monitor is available as a standard instrument with 10.6 eV lamp for accurately detecting a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to parts-per-million (ppm) levels. The CubTAC ppm variant with 10.0 eV lamp accurately detects total aromatic compounds (TACs), including benzene. Both models can be upgraded with parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity quickly and easily via our micro website.
When worker exposure exceeds pre-set limits the instrument’s audible, vibrating and flashing LED alarms alert you to the gases present. Readings are displayed on its bright, back-lit LCD display with selectable data logging time.
Cub’s PID sensor technology has been independently verified as best performing for speed, accuracy and humidity resistant operation. Its unique Anti-contamination and patented Fence Electrode Technology provide extended run time in the most challenging environments, giving you accurate results you can truly rely on.
CubDoc docking stations are also available for USB communication, charging and calibrating your instrument, dependent on your requirements.
The Cub personal PID gas monitor is part of the family of PID instruments to be used alongside the leading PhoCheck Tiger VOC detector, and the Tiger Select for total aromatic compounds (TACs) and benzene.
Best available photoionisation detection (PID)
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivalled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Widest range detects gases 1 ppb – 5,000 ppm
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Measures 480 selectable compounds (10.6 eV lamp)
- Fastest (
- Clear audio, visual and vibrating alarms
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- Longest battery life (16 hours)
- Meets ATEX, IECEx (US & Canadian certification pending)
Ease of use
- Smallest, lightest personal PID monitor available
- Simple one button operation
- Intuitive software and simple calibration routine
- Easy to service
- Easily upgrade your instrument
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- Free 2 year warranty when instrument registered online
0.001 ppm (isobutylene equivalent)*
0.002 mg/m3 (isobutylene equivalent)*
±5% display reading + one digit
Europe: ATEX: CE, Ex II 1G, Ex ia IIC T4; -20oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC
IECEx: Ex ia IIC T4 -20oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC
China: Ex ia IIC T4 -20oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC
US and Canadian certification pending
Battery life up to 16 hours
Battery charge time 4 hours
PID Lamp Options
10.6 eV, 10.0 eV
LEDs, audio and vibrate
Sounder 86 dB
Pre-programmed TWA & STEL. Work exposure alarm levels on all models.
Operating: -20 to 55 oC, -4 to 131 oF
Humidity handling: Fence Electrode Technology
Weight & Dimensions
111g (3.91 oz)
61 x 66 x 59 mm (2.4 x 2.6 x 2.3”)
ppm 0.1 – 5,000 ppm
ppb 0.001 – 5,000 ppm
TAC 0.01 – 5,000 ppm
2 point calibration via docking station
Upgrade ppm to ppb
Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)
Back lit multi-colour
N/A (no pump)
Docking Station OPTIONS
Charge and USB communication
Charge, USB communication and calibration