- General Details
Triple Plus+ is the latest generation of the respected “Triple” family of toxic, oxygen and flammable gas detectors. With over 90,000 units sold to oil and gas, chemical, utility and manufacturing companies worldwide, their combination of ruggedness, reliability, ease of use and sensor flexibility has set the standard for multigas portables.
Today’s TriplePlus+ builds on this pedigree by inclusion of unique LIBRA lithium-ion battery technology and the option of infrared (IR) sensors for the measurement of flammable hydrocarbons or carbon dioxide.
Intrinsically safe, the Triple Plus+ provides enhanced facilities for safety and detector fleet managers including selection of flammable gas correction factors (so one unit can be used in several locations across a site) and annotation of the data file with user names and site names selected from pre-configured files in the unit.
IR sensors have very high resistance to interference or inhibition by other gases and are suitable for both high gas concentrations and use in inert (oxygen free) backgrounds where catalytic pellistor sensors would perform poorly.
The unique design of the Crowcon IR sensor module used in Triple Plus+ IR allows measurement of hydrocarbons at both %LEL and % volume ranges making this instrument ideal for tank and line purging applications.
- No poisoning effects – works well where catalytic pellistors would perform poorly
- Long life sensor and no burnout – reduced cost of ownership
- % vol. measurement for purging applications – offers flexibility
- % LEL measurement in air or inert backgrounds
- Single or dual range measurement
- IR CO2 detection, 0-5%
Clear and unambiguous
- Piercing 85dB alarm at 1m – gives you confidence in the status of your Triple Plus+, and the environment you’re working in
- Vivid LED alarms with top visibility
- Confidence blip, low battery and TWA warnings
- Timed data logging with 100-hour capacity
Simple to customise
- Wide range of electrochemical oxygen and toxic gas sensors – allows you to create your optimum 4 gas Triple plus+
- Available for diffusion, manual aspiration or pumped sampling
- Interchangeable sensor modules
- Comprehensive data logging with site and user names
- TriaxTM casing will not crack or shatter when dropped – system integrity and operation assured
- Unique internal design will resist the harshest treatment
- Full buoyancy – makes recovery from water possible
Easy to maintain
- Simple WindowsTM Software interface – user menus allow calibration with or without connecting to a PC
- QuickCal for rapid calibration
|Size||Rechargeable 122 x 128 x 57mm (4.75 x 5 x 2.25 inches)
Non-rechargeable 134 x 128 x 57mm (5.25 x 5 x 2.25 inches)
|Weight||309g 4 gas (10.8oz)/ 340g pumped (11.9oz)333g 5 gas (11.7oz)/ 362g pumped (12.7oz)|
|Alarms||94dB Multiple alarm sounds allow selection of distinctive tones for different alarm levels
Dual colour red/blue flashing LED in gas hazard
Internal vibrating alarm
|Display||128 x 64 graphic LCD with backlight, giving simultaneous display for all gas channels.
Graphic symbols for battery (with proportional indication of remaining operation time), pump operation, healthy operation or fault warning.
Start up indication when calibration is due within 30 days, calibration overdue, or service required.
Normal display for real time gas concentration levels.
Display recall for the Peak readings and TWA.
|Data logging||Timed datalogging: 50 hours at 1-minute data rate (>3,000 data logs of 4 channels) Event logging >1500 events|
|Battery||Rechargeable Li-ion battery Non rechargeable pack 3xAA Alkaline cells|
|Operating time||Rechargeable – 12 hour minimum based on pumped four gas unit with flammable sensor|
|Sampling||Hand aspirator or internal electric sampling pump|
|Operating temperature||-20°C to +55°C (-4°F to +131°F)
Toxic and oxygen sensors are not rated for continuous operation at high temperatures.
Consult Crowcon if operating temperature are likely to exceed 40°C (104°F) for extended periods.
|Storage||-25°C to +65°C (-13°F to +149°F)|
|Humidity||20 to 90% RH|
|Approvals||ATEX II 2G Ex ia d IIC T3 Gb (-20OC ≤ Ta ≤ 55Oc)
IECEX Ex ia d IIC T3 Gb (-20OC ≤ Ta ≤ 55Oc)
UL/cUL Class I Division I Groups A, B, C, D, T3C
|Safety standards||EN60079-0, EN60079-11, EN60079-1, 94/9/EC UL913, CSA22.2, 152 EN50270, EN50271, IEC61508, EN61779, EN45544|
|Calibration||Tetra can be routinely calibrated manually using the menu, using Crowcon Protables PC software or automatically using Checkbox IMH.|
|Accessories||Tetra is supplied with an integral belt/pocket clip.
Pumped units are supplied with a sampling kit (flowplate and 2m (6ft) tubing).
Gases and Ranges
Required ranges and alarms may vary by country and application and can be configured as required. Each gas channel can have two instantaneous alarm levels set. Toxic channels also have Time Weighted Average (TWA) alarms.
Flammable gas calibration is available for methane, propane, butane, pentane, hydrogen and ethylene as standard.
Tetra is also available in a safe area CO2 version offering 0-5% carbon dioxide measurement.
|Gas||Range||Standard Alarm (UK)|
|Flammable||0-100% LEL||20% LEL|
|Hydrogen sulphide (H2S)||0-100ppm||5ppm|
|Carbon monoxide (CO)||0-500ppm||30ppm|
|Sulpher dioxide (SO2)||0-20ppm||1ppm|
|Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)||0-20ppm||1ppm|