- Sample Handling Components
- HPR-2XW Series Electrically Heated Pressure Regulator
HPR-2XW Series Electrically Heated Pressure Regulator
- General Details
The HPR-2XW Series Heated Pressure Regulator is designed to supply heat to samples entering instrumentation systems. It can be used to preheat liquids, to prevent condensation of gases or to vaporize liquids prior to gas analysis.
The modular design of the HPR-2 consists of heat exchanger and pressure control sections. The pressure control section is patterned after the time proven design of the PR-1 pressure reducing regulator and provides the same excellent outlet pressure stability. The heat exchanger section is made up of a body and a heat exchange element. The heat exchange element uses GO’s unique spiral wrapped screen as the heat exchange surface. This screen has up to 100 square inches of heat transfer area and careful design forces all sample flow to pass through the element.
Completing this modular design is the incorporation of a removable heat exchange unit. This allows the user to remove and clean, or replace, the exchanger. This is especially useful when heating dirty liquids or liquids that polymerize and clog the heat exchange screen.
The HPR-2 Series of vaporizing pressure reducing regulators enjoy both CSA and SIRA approvals. The electrical components of this unit are securely housed in a Class A/B/C/D condulet assuring that there is always an adequate flame path between the environment and the controller. Safety considerations can be further enhanced by using the optional TCO (Thermal Cut Out) heater cartridge and proportional controller. These features enable the unit to boast a T3 rating with 150 watts of power!
See for yourself how GO’s line of vaporizing regulators can be the answer to you most demanding needs.
- 316L stainless steel construction
- Electropolished body with better than 25 Ra finish in diaphragm cavity
- Operating temperatures up to 385°F (196°C)
- Bubble tight shutoff
- Outlet pressure ranges are 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 psig
- Modular pressure control and heat exchanger assemblies for easy maintenance
- Unique spiral wrapped heat exchange element provides up to 100 square inches of heat transfer area
- Available in 120VAC or 240VAC
- Heating capacity ranges are 40, 50, 100 and 150 watts
- Optional TCO (Thermal Cut Out) heating cartridge and proportional controller
- CSA certification # LR-82566-5
- SIRA Notification # SIRA 13 ATEX M588
- Proof pressure is 2 times maximum working pressure
- Burst pressure is 4 times maximum working pressure
- Weight: 8.7 lbs (3.95 kg)
- Mounting style is surface or panel (see Outline and mounting dimensions)
- Maximum Temperature & Operating Inlet Pressures