- General Details
The HPR-2 Series Heated Pressure Regulator is designed to supply heat to samples entering instrumentation systems. It can be used to preheat liquids, to prevent condensation of gases or to vaporize liquids prior to gas analysis.
The modular design of the HPR-2 consists of heat exchanger and pressure control sections. The pressure control section is patterned after the time proven design of the PR-1 pressure reducing regulator and provides the same excellent outlet pressure stability. The heat exchanger section is made up of a body and a heat exchange element. The heat exchange element uses GO’s unique spiral wrapped screen as the heat exchange surface. This screen has up to 100 square inches of heat transfer area and careful design forces all sample flow to pass through the element.
- 316L stainless steel construction
- Electropolished body with better than 25 Ra finish in diaphragm cavity
- Operating temperatures up to 550°F (285°C)
- Bubble tight shutoff
- Outlet pressure ranges are 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 psig
- Modular pressure control and heat exchanger assemblies for easy maintenance
- Unique spiral wrapped heat exchange element provides up to 100 square inches of heat transfer area
- Proof pressure is 2 times maximum working pressure
- Burst pressure is 4 times maximum working pressure
- Weight: 4.0 lbs (1.81 kg)
- Mounting style is surface or panel (see Outline and mounting dimensions)