TVOC Fixed VOC Gas Monitor
TVOC® – ATEX Certified Fixed VOC Detector
Total VOC Detector for Continuous Volatile Organic Compound Monitoring
TVOC is a fixed continuous VOC detector for the detection and measurement of total volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Its photoionisation detection (PID) capabilities utilise advanced patented Fence Electrode technology, a 3 electrode format with increased resistance to humidity and contamination.
A robust fixed VOC detector, TVOC has a selectable detection range of 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 100 ppm or 0 – 1000 ppm and is ideal for use in manufacturing and process industries where VOCs are typically present.
With a 4-20 mA analogue output, the TVOC VOC detector can be simply integrated into a DCS control system to provide warnings and enable control of high VOC levels in the working environment.
ATEX approvals enable a 3 wire TVOC system to be used in Zone 2 hazardous areas, without safety barriers. ATEX and IECEx approvals allow TVOC to be used in Zone 1 hazardous areas, with safety barriers.
The TVOC fixed VOC detector utilises a diffusive sample technique resulting in less contamination issues compared to pumped systems, reducing lamp cleaning and servicing requirements. Simple to install service and calibrate, TVOC requires no hot work permit and the PID sensor is accessible and changeable in a matter of seconds.
The TVOC fixed VOC detector is also available for use with a pumped system for applications where sample conditioning is required.
TVOC is part of a range of VOC detectors that includes the hand held PhoCheck Tiger, PhoCheck+ and FirstCheck+ instruments.
- Independently verified as best performing PID technology
- Patented Fence Electrode Technology for fast, accurate humidity resistant operation
- ATEX: Zone 2 hazardous areas without safety barriers (3 wire option)
- ATEX & IECEx: Zone 1 hazardous areas with safety barriers (4 wire option)
- 3 wire option allows direct replacement of an existing PID area monitor (Zone 2 ATEX)
- Selectable detection range of 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 100 ppm or 0 – 1000 ppm
- Diffusive monitoring – no pump required
- Scaled 4-20 mA analogue output
- Includes a 10.6 eV lamp
- Easy access PID sensor allows simple servicing
- Simple calibration procedure
10.6 eV lamp with Ion Science patented Fence Electrode technology*
INGRESS PROTECTION RATING
IP65 – dependent on cable glands fitted Sensor – IP53
5-28 VDC Max 65 mA
4-20 mA (requires a 8-35 VDC power supply)
For IS requirements 8-30 VDC power supply
0-10 ppm, 0-100 ppm, 0-1000 ppm User selectable
Diffusion (can be pumped if required using an adaptor)
7 segment, 4 digit LCD, 4 color LEDs
Sensor – T90 < 5 sec. Detector – 1 minute as standard**
0-100ppm +/- 1ppm or >98%, 100-1000ppm +/- 2ppm or >75%
0-1000ppm > 75%
Magnetically accessed 100 ppm Isobutylene via calibration kit accessory
Operating: -20 to 50 oC (-4 – 122 oF) Humidity: 0-95% RH
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
Instrument: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb) Packed: 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) Dimensions: 188 x 126 x 78 mm (7.4 x 4.9 x 3”)
NB: All specifications are against an isobutylene calibration at 20 °C, 90% RH and up to 100 ppm.
* The Fence Electrode technology referred to in this document is produced by Ion Science Ltd, and protected by patents. U.S. Patent No. 7,046,012. EP 1474681, other patents pending.
** TVOC has a variable duty cycle set to 1 minute as standard. The user can adjust this to between 5 seconds and 5 minutes.
The TVOC VOC Detector can be used to detect gases across a wide range of industries and applications, including:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Chemical industry
- Indoor air quality
- Refineries and petrochemical plants
- Solvent recovery system
- Waste water treatment plants
- Pulp and paper industry
- Industrial painting and coating
- Arson Investigation
- Chemical Storage
- Clandestine labs
- Environmental Clean Up After Spillage
- Environmental Forensics
- Fence Line Monitoring for Plume Detection
- Filling Station Monitoring / Leakages
- Filter Monitoring
- Fruit Ripening
- Fuel Supply Leakage Monitoring
- Fuel Vapour Detection
- Fugitive Emissions
- Fumigation Gases (such as formaldehyde)
- Gas Line Leakage
- Glove and Fume Box Monitoring
- Indoor Air Quality Measuring Industrial Volatiles
- Offshore Gas Monitoring
- Perimeter Monitoring
- Petrochemical Storage
- Pharmaceutical mnfr
- Screening Tool for First Responders
- Semiconductor production
- Solvents in Clean Rooms
- Spillage Investigation
- VOC Monitoring