- General Details
The GP2™ probe consists of a housing and a membrane tip probe. The housing is installed in a depressurized pipeline through a vertically mounted thread-o-let or flange, and contains a “foot valve” in its lower end. Inserting the probe into the housing opens the “foot valve”, allowing pipeline gas to flow freely through the membrane.
Retracting the probe from the housing closes the foot valve, making it possible to perform probe maintenance without depressurizing the pipeline. This insertion/retraction method is considerably less expensive and complex than pneumatic or hydraulic methods. An optional flow restrictor is available to prevent liquids from being forced through the membrane, and should be selected when the probe is being used in spot and composite sampling applications.
- API 14.1, GPA 2166 and ISO 10715 probe compliance
- Helps to preserve sample integrity
- Protects analyzers
- Helps to improve safety of personnel and equipment
- Does not require hydraulic fluid
- Probe maintenance without line depressurization
- Genie® Membrane Technology™
- Vibration resistant
- No dead volume
- Low internal volume
- J-slot safety
- Optional calibration port