LAR’s QuickTOCNPO is the ultimate online TOC analyser for the determination of total organic carbon (TOC), total bound nitrogen (TNb), total phosphorus (TP) and the chemical oxygen demand (COD).
The catalyst-free ceramic oven is the centre piece of the QuickTOCNPO. At 1,200°C, it reliably dissolves all carbon and nitrogen bonds and thus enables a complete analysis of samples. Despite the high temperatures used, absolute safety is guaranteed in all settings. For this end, the QuickTOCNPO can be delivered with a number of different housings, depending on the intended location. That way the analyser itself can be safely at high corrosive places as well as in Ex-Zones.
Due to the fact that the thermal oxidation is complete as well as the close relation between TOC and COD it is very easy to correlate both parameters.
The Total Phosphorus is determined by the photometric molybdenum blue method. First the sample is being mixed with an oxidising agent. Subsequently, the mixture is led into the reactor where ultra violet light (UV) activates the sample‘s oxidation. Finally, by adding the molybdenum blue it becomes visible how much TP is in the sample.
The TNb measurement takes place in less than 3 minutes just like the TOC. Thereby, even short measurement value peaks can also be reliably shown. The maintenance service is also fast: Less than 30 minutes per week. The analyser‘s availability is over 98%.
Depending on the composition of the sample the sample taking may differ. Under normal circumstances the outlet/ effluent of a sewage plant is free of particles – or at least there are only a few. In this case a centrifugal separator is sufficient for the sample extraction. However, is the sample characterised by a high particle density, the sample should be taken by the filterless, patented FlowSampler.
- Measurement range: TOC: 0.1 – 200 mg/l, TNb: 0.1 – 200 mg/l, TP: 0.01 – 30 mg/l, COD: 1 – 600 mg/l
- Response time: TOC / COD: 2 – 3 min, TNb: 1 – 3 min, TP: 10 – 15 min
- Highest combustion temperature (1,200°C) available on the market
- Photometric molybdenum-blue-method
- Determination of all 4 parameters at the same time
- Number of parameters are selectable
- No filtration necessary
- No memory effects
- Very low maintenance and operational costs
- According to DIN EN 1484:1997-08 (TOC), ISO 8245:1999-03 (TOC), EPA 415.1 (TOC), DIN EN 12260:2003 (TNb), ISO/TR 11905-2:1997 (TNb), DIN EN ISO 6878:2004-09 (TP), DIN EN ISO 15681-1:2005-05 (TP) and DIN EN ISO 15681-2:2005-05 (TP)
- WWTP control
- Process control
- Surface water monitoring
- Industrial and municipal WWTP
- Centrifugal separator
- Single-parameter determination available
- Combinations of 2 or 3 parameters obtainable
- IP54 (Standard)
- NEMA 4X
- ATEX Zone I
- ATEX Zone II